Thursday 11 August 2016

styles

I used some photographs of magpies to recreate one of my concepts

I like this idea- but I don't think it's as strong as my other compositions. Maybe I'll reuse some of this by cropping it and flipping it? I like the way the birds fade into a black mass.


made them into blocky shapes - i like the harsh pointiness, it adds to the negative/mean/antagonistic feel of them, as well as the contrast of black and white. I wonder if I could do anything with the negative space?


added more birds in the back to make it more like a swarm. Not sure if it's a little less dynamic without such a contrast of negative space?


Remade this concept traditionally with ink - to see if the harsh scratchy brushmarks add to the tone. I still need to add the words to this, I will try to make this in a few more styles before I settle on one if I have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment