Saturday 6 August 2016

developments

tried out some different compositions:
I like this one, the way it's cornering and very dynamic, the rainbow bird probably needs to change though, it doesn't look that affected or anything?
 a few versions of that, trying out adding ore darkness or inverting it. probably something I can play with more once I get to figuring out the style.

from below? like they're from hell, or something. it has a lot more hopeful connotations with the bird flying above.
adding words to the magpies? the caption doesn't quite fit, since the bird is above and doesn't appear affected..



 a centered composition..... creates a sense of being trapped, and there's heaps and heaps of magpies. I used a rifleman instead of a fantail because they're also small and cute and are more compact as a silhouette - easier to fit into a composition.


Changed to a collection of smaller ones with various pride flags - it's important to me to show that LGBT is a whole diverse community, rather than just the one rainbow flag (which does represent all of us, but is primarily the gay flag). Also, the little birds create a heart shape, almost.
added words to the magpies, and a caption which I think works well with the image, as a contrast. I like this the best so far.


a bit more on the tie concept? But I think overall I will go with the bird one, I think that is stronger.

another sketch for it? with someone kind of hiding the tie with their hands like they're tying it, with tense body language maybe..











No comments:

Post a Comment